Cerca nel blog

domenica 4 settembre 2011

A year after I got home from that trip... "Gabi & I (We Wouldn't Stop)"

Facebook stasera mi ha ricordato che esattamente un anno fa, rientravo a casa dal mio viaggio attra Balcani in autostop.
There is this new (?) feature in Facebook, that reminds you what was happening today a year ago. Today it reminded me that last year I was stepping back into the door of my home, after a wonderful trip hitchiking across the Balkans, with my a beautiful friend - Gabriela.



And, gosh, I still have to finish sorting the pictures of that trip, shame on me!

Comunque, su quest'esperienza meravigliosa ho scritto una canzone, called "Gabi and I (We Wouldn't Stop) - che vuol dire "Io e Gabi - non ci saremmo fermate".

I had a longer version of the song, that I then made shorter because I thought it was too long.
I am uploading it on myspace now, but I don't know if I can make the extended version available here...
There is a video tough, that i recorded in Berlin @ the Open Mic at Madame Claude (actually the lovely Anni held the camera!), which is already on youtube since a while.

I will share the long version that I recorded soon.
But I want to share this song today, as it is a year since this trip took place.
This song is dedicate to Gabi, of course, but also to all the people who gave me/us a ride, those that crossed our paths, shared our road, opened their house and their heart, and to everyone who knows what I talking about and can see themselves in this song.

Here it is the video, and the lyrics:



GABI & I (WE WOULDN'T STOP)

Gabi, my friend, come here
do you remember when we hit the road
Across those lands, burnt by the sun
and touched by crystal blue sea

Gabi my friend, do you remember
how many hours it took us to hitch-hike
along the only road going in our direction

but that the same driver who picked me up two days before
stopped again
for us, and for other people

[We wouldn't stop because of the rain
nor because we hadn't decided yet where to go
We wouldn't stop because of a unpleasant encounter
as ten, twenty, a hundred strangers would then make our day instead]

Gabi, my friend, do you remember
when I turned on my music
as I could not listen anymore
to the negativity of our travel mate

[When we didn't know where to stay
and someone just invited us
when we thought we would not make it
but suddenly some good star would just shine on us]

while I look at those pictures
of the streets of Sarajevo
so many things are still coming to my mind

We wouldn't stop because of the rain
nor because we hadn't decided yet where to go
We wouldn't stop because of an unpleasant encounter
as ten, twenty, a hundred strangers would then make our day instead

Gabi my friend come here
do you remember when we hit the road
Across those lands, burnt by the sun
and touched by crystal blue sea

And with a million scars of the war – in the walls
and with a million scars of the war – in the walls,
in the souls, in the souls, in the souls, in the souls
Still with a million scars of the war – in the walls,
in the souls, in the sould, in the souls, in the souls

We wouldn't stop because of the rain
nor because we hadn't decided yet where to go
We wouldn't stop because of an unpleasant encounter
as ten, twenty, a hundred strangers would then make our day instead, instead, instead

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento