Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 31 agosto 2011

"I Need Music" - video from a singing contest

I think that I'll start with something that I forgot I had, and I must say I nearly forgot I did!! ahah short memory

Back in 2009 I saw that a singing competition near Bergamo I went pretty far on a previous edition a few years before, was taking place again - so I signed up.

It was (is?) called "Fuori la Voce" (formely Voci all'Alba), held in a bar called Albatros which is located between Bergamo and Milano.

I perfectly know that there, as well as the most part of the singing competiotions at least in "my" area, the best thing is to sing a "cover-with-special-effect".
But what can I do, I am made up my way and chose to sing one of my songs (in the previous edition I went to, I sang an almost unknown cover by Anouk).
And of course, I wanted live music instead of a recorded backing track.
Obvious? Not really. The majority of singer in these sort of competition normally sing with a recorded (downloaded) base.

So I decided to sing "I NEED MUSIC", for one of the first times.
That is, an ode to freedom and salvation and liberation that comes from music for a musician.

Here are the lyrics and the video of that day:

I NEED MUSIC
(c) Chiara Gandolfi (Chiara in Berlin)

I am trapped, so asleep is my mind
Filled up with noise
So that i cannot hear the sound of my voice
The sound of my voice

I gotta save my soul
I gotta save my soul
I gotta save my soul, I'm going insane about this

I am trapped so asleep is my mind
Filled up with noise
I am bleeding but my heart's beating
with the rythm of this melody
I've gotta do it my way

I gotta save my soul
I gotta save my soul
I gotta save my soul, I'm going insane about this

I need music
I need music



What happened with the competition?
Well, we started playing and I couldnt hear the guitar at all, so started but then stopped the performance.
In the hurry we blamed it on the guitars battery and changed it in a rush, while really the problem was with the stage monitor (there is a video of the previous part too, where from outside the guitar was lound and clear). So we were a bit nervous at the time when we finally performed.
Still we played pretty nicely I think, other than keeping the end too long (maybe too much of yelling??).

We got kicked out almost immediately, peace! ;)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento