Cerca nel blog

sabato 24 settembre 2011

Happy first year in Berlin... to me

A few month more than a year ago, when I decided I was going to give my life a change.
I have been thinking about different possibilies, leaded by different reasons.
Not sure why, but I was sure I was to change city.
So the plan was - leave my office job and go to...

London: cool music scene. Too expensive. Down.
Copenhagen: very lovely city, superexpensive, and friend (exboyfriend at that time...) I wasnt sure to be nearby being a good idea. Down. (for the record, now he's my man again ;)
US: visa?? no thanks. Down
India: for a long travel... but then? working? how, where, what?? and again, visa?? Down.
Prague: see my song "Rebeldoll" and make up your mind on the reason and why that was also down.

In the end I chose Berlin.
Cool music scene. Affordable. Easily reachable flying from home (god bless ryanair, specially when it was really really really cheap). Also not to bad to reach by road (1100 km, could have been worse). Everybody speaks English, or so they told me.
Then, Berlin. Decided. I am going to go and try to live of music - that was the idea.
It didn't quite work out that way, but it still, somehow it worked.
A couple of days ago it was a year since I stepped into town thinking: I am gonna stay.
It was the 20th of September, I hitch-hiked those 1100km with my backpack and my guitar, and i made it just in time to go to the Open Mic at Madame Claude in Kreuzberg.
After a bit more than a month I wrote "What do I do in Berlin", tonight I celebrated at the Open Mic im CHB a year in Berlin playing that song surrounded by a part of the "music family" I have here, we are different but we share a part of the story.

There would be so much more to say... but for now I would just say:
Happy first year in Berlin to me.



1 commento:

  1. Happy one year (and a few days) Berlin anniversary from Copenhagen :)

    RispondiElimina